It’s been a while since the last patch… My new job and the upcoming uni exams have been keeping me very busy recently. But alas, here we are, with a big update patch!
We’ve decided to call this update a major one, as there has been quite a big overhaul in the ruleset. There isn’t much technical change in this update cycle, but the rule change alone justifies a major update.
That being said, here’s a small TL;DR of the rule (page) changes:
- Standard now allows everything: Every skip, every tech, every speed ghost. All current times will remain in Standard.
- We introduced a new category “Glitchless” which bans all of the above mentioned. We will not accept requests to move times to
- Glitchless times will automatically count to Standard as well, so there’s no need to double submit. Glitchless times will not get their own rankings (Total Time, SR:PR etc.), though.
- All TT pages (Submission, WR, History, Leaderboards) have been changed accordingly
- The rule page has a completely new look now, including quick links
- All submission pages now have a small TL;DR section and a link to the main rule page
Best make sure to head to the rules page to read the changes that have been made!
Standards/Tiers & Emulators
Due to the recently changed Standard category, we will have to rework quite a few of the tiers. Sadly, this means that the project will be delayed again.
We are sorry for the inconvenience, but an up-to-date leaderboard is more important to us than the tiers right now.
On top of that, we would like to tell you that Emulators will remain banned from the leaderboards for now. You may of course share videos in our Discord server.
This decision has been made as we still do not entirely know what effects the emulator might have on the game. As of now, Emulators (especially when ran on 60fps) provide an unfair advantage to those who use them (e.g. cycle changes).
However, with the introduction of categories, we might discuss the addition of a seperate Emulator category for TT specifically that will be split from the leaderboards entirely, and not count towards standards like Glitchless does.
We would love to hear your feedback on that decision as well, so make sure to head to the #suggestions channel on our Discord to let us know what you think of that idea.
Added Rankings for other gamemodes
Remember how we mentioned that Rankings are going to be available for other modes as well?
Well, here they are, so enjoy!
Bugfixes & Miscellaneous
- World Record History should function properly now and be consistent in its output. Begone, randomness! (Yes, I’m looking at you, Nina’s Nightmare!)
- Some checkpoint maps have been updated. Other maps are still in the making.
The next main project will most likely be a new landing page. It will be panel based, probably supported by Bootstrap. Following Panels/Sections will be included:
- A most recent submission section
- A most recent WR’s section with the most recent WR for each main category
- A quick link section to the most important sites
- Site Stats
- And many more things, feel free to suggest things!
The Tier system sadly has to wait, as mentioned above, and as of now, other things are being discussed.
We also hope to bring more game atlas pages soon. If you have guides or game stats that you’d like to provide, feel free to contact us! One page we’ll be working on soon is Fire stats based on this video:
New features will come, but as mentioned, personal life keeps us all busy.
That being said, thank you very much for reading, and stay tuned for the Tier system update. We hope that we can manage to bring it out sooner rather than later.
Until then, stay safe and healthy!